Who We Are
First Baptist has its roots firmly connected with Texas A&M University. In 1923 Rev. R. L. Brown started our church to help provide a worship, education, and ministry setting for the students, faculty, and staff. Initial meetings were held in Guion Hall of A&M. The church then moved into it's first building in the Northgate area of A&M.
In 1986, the church relocated to it's present home at 2300 Welsh Avenue in order to continue and broaden it's reach to the communities of Bryan/College Station and the ever growing student population that lives off-campus.